Do you suffer from back pain or neck pain?
At Texas Orthopedics in Austin, Dr. Kenneth Bunch specializes in diagnosing back and neck pain and helping patients manage their pain so they can return to their everyday activities. Dr. Bunch provides comprehensive non-surgical care, offering a variety of back pain treatments to help improve spine alignment, reduce pressure and pain, and guard against further injuries.
Common causes of back pain include:
- Spinal stenosis;
- Slipped vertebrae;
- Stress fracture;
- Nerve pain;
- Herniated disc;
- Degenerative disc disease;
Though the exact source of back pain can often be difficult to diagnose and treat, an X-ray, MRI, and physical examination are the preferred methods for diagnosing back pain. Laboratory tests may also be used when there are multiple causes for your back pain.
Symptoms of back problems:
- Muscle spasms or achy muscles
- Sudden pain that worsens with twisting or bending
- Constant sharp or achy pain in the bone
- Shooting, burning, or tingling pain on one side
- Sacroiliac joint pain, or pain near the buttock area
- Facet joint pain
- Tailbone pain (coccydynia) that worsens with prolonged sitting
- Physical therapy
- Medication to relieve pain and relax muscles
- Epidural injections
For more information about spinal pain and treatment options, please read about 4 Cures for Back Pain.