According to statistics, 15-20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Those who in the life of such trouble happened, and those who have not yet have known the bitterness of loss should to pass a small educational program on issues related to incomplete pregnancy.
The most important thing – to know what factors can cause termination of pregnancy, and what can be done to prevent a miscarriage. We will talk about early miscarriages occurring for up to 12 weeks, because the overwhelming majority of cases in this period.
So, the most common causes of miscarriage in early pregnancy:
- Genetic defects in the fetus – the main reason. Typically, these genetic defects carry not a hereditary character, but are the result of individual mutations that occurred in the germ cells of the parents under the influence of harmful environmental factors (radiation, occupational hazards, viruses, etc.). To prevent such a miscarriage is almost impossible, you can only reduce the risk of genetic abnormalities before conception, protecting themselves from exposure to mutagenic factors.
- Hormonal disorders. This happens most often at lack of the main pregnancy hormone – progesterone. With timely detection of this problem pregnancy can be salvaged with the help of drugs. The excess of male sex hormones can also cause early miscarriage – they suppress the production of estrogen and progesterone. Androgens are often the cause of a repeated miscarriages. Influences the formation and development of pregnancy also hormone of the adrenal and thyroid glands. Therefore these glands disturbance of function can cause miscarriage.
- Immunological causes. Typically, this happens when rhesus (Rh positive and Rh negative). For the prevention of miscarriage in the case immune conflict are applicable a drugs progesterone, that has the immunomodulatory effects.
- Sexually transmitted infections by: trichomoniasis, toxoplasmosis, syphilis, chlamydia, as well as herpes and cytomegalovirus infection often lead to miscarriage. Pathogenic bacteria and viruses cause infection of the fetus, the defeat of fetal membranes, resulting in miscarriage occurs. To avoid this, it is desirable to conduct the treatment of infections before pregnancy.
- Common infectious diseases and inflammatory diseases of internal organs. All diseases accompanied by intoxication and fever above 38 ° C can lead to miscarriage. Rubella, hepatitis, flu, sore throat, pneumonia, anemia, pyelonephritis, appendicitis – a serious risk to the fetus. Therefore, when planning pregnancy, should undergo a full medical examination to identify and treat all foci of chronic infection.
- Abortion in anamnesis – it is a huge stress for the female body, which can cause dysfunction of the ovaries, adrenal glands; contributing to the development of inflammatory processes in the genital organs. This could cause infertility and recurrent miscarriage in the future.
- Drugs and herbs. In the first trimester of pregnancy should be avoided receiving medication. Many of them can cause termination of pregnancy or the formation of defects in the fetus. So, for example, narcotic analgesics or hormonal contraceptives are often the perpetrators of interruption of pregnancy. Just have to be careful with herbs: parsley, nettle, cornflower, St. John’s wort, tansy – are contraindicated for pregnant women in early pregnancy.
- Stress, fear and unexpected grief, resentment or prolonged mental strain are dangerous to an unborn baby. If you’re as the fates decree are forced be under the influence of stress, talk to your doctor about the possibility of receiving sedatives.
- Unhealthy lifestyle, taking alcohol, drugs, smoking, regular coffee consumption, unhealthy and poor nutrition – all allies of miscarriage. Correct your lifestyle better before conception.
- Fall, lifting weights, sexual act – all this, though rare, can cause miscarriage, so care of yourself and your baby!