Feeding year-old child should be built with consideration of his age features. On the one hand, the kid is already well grew older, and can to eat many new dishes. But it is extremely important to take care of his food was both useful and safe.
A kids to the year already have around eight teeth, their chewy skills are developing rapidly and they are showing more interest in solid food. Enzymes produced by the digestive tract, are becoming more active, so the child’s body is ready to process and digest more complex food than a few months ago, and his stomach got stronger and increased slightly in size. Despite such changes, significantly change the diet of the child 1 year and abruptly “enter adult food” is not recommended.
Feeding a child at 1 year, as in any other age, should be balanced, containing all the necessary substances. Caloric content of consumption eating per day should be about 1300 calories, and its volume is about 1200 ml. For every kilogram of body weight per day baby should account for about sixteen grams of carbohydrates, four grams of fat and four grams of protein.
Power Mode for year-old child
In babies from one to one and a half years should be 4-5 meals a day, after that age – to four meals. In order that better absorb the food, and the child’s appetite remained good, they should be held during certain hours. Deviate from the schedule can be a maximum of half an hour. Between meals – to give extra food is not recommended, especially sweet. If the child is very want to eat, you can feed some unsweetened fresh vegetables or fruit.
- After a year-old child, is not need to drastically reduce the proportion of dairy products, since their volume during the first year (breast milk, or mixture) was large enough. Every day is recommended to include in the diet of yearling to 500-600 ml of milk and milk products. They are a valuable source of easily digestible calcium, phosphorus and protein, which is essential for a growing body.
- Compulsory breakfast should be a porridge, made from cereals – buckwheat, rice, oats, wheat, corn. But peas and millet porridge at this age are too rough for delicate baby stomach. Porridge may be prepared with milk, infant formula or water and a slight amount of butter.
- For feeding a child of 1 year to the first and second dishes should be served wheaten bread, because it is is easier to digest by the digestive system, and then the rye bread. Do not teach a child to eat pasta – the nutritional value of pasta is low, since it is the source of “fast” carbohydrates, and nutrients and fiber in them is extremely small.
- And in the summer, and autumn on the table must be present fruits and vegetables – fresh, baked or boiled. If the child bad chews, grate, chop the blender their. From vegetables is also recommended to cook vegetable soups, casseroles and mashed. From fruits and berries well to cook for the baby fruit drinks, jelly, juice.
- Meat for feeding year-old child often – is not a new product. The meat is a valuable source of protein, B vitamins and iron salts. Of the preferred types of meat should be mentioned as a particularly valuable – turkey, rabbit, chicken, veal, beef. Meat is desirable to give not just in the form of mashed, and steam cutlets and meatballs, vegetable soups, so the child get used to chew. Byproducts – liver, lung or chicken gizzards – too rough for his digestive system.
- Meat can be 2-3 times a week to change the fish dish (fish cakes steamed or soup) as a valuable source of iodine, phosphorus, vitamins and protein. Preference should be given cod, pollock, walleye. Red and river fish for the baby – a potential allergen for babies.
An exemplary mode of feeding a child 1 year:
- First breakfast – breast milk, infant formula or cow’s milk;
- Breakfast – any porridge, juice;
- Lunch – soup, meat dish or fish, side dish (vegetables and cereals), a piece of bread;
- Snack – a choice – fruit puree, pudding, cottage cheese, or kefir and biscuits;
- Dinner – vegetables or cereal dish, milk formula or breast milk.