If you haven’t yet experienced the powerful results associated with cleansing process, you may be wondering why a cleanse is needed. The reasons behind this process vary for each of our patients, including those:
- Are looking to lose weight;
- Seek more energy and want rejuvenation;
- Want to cleanse and remove toxic waste and buildup from their bodies;
- And many others.
With the myriad of toxins we’re exposed to in modern society, we’re faced with an increasing burden of unnatural substances that invade our bodies, from pesticides, herbicides and fungicides to air and water pollution, mercury, arsenic and other heavy metals in our food, and the list goes on. Our current unhealthy living conditions call for a few radical corrective measures, if our goal is to maintain any level of healthy lifestyle. One of those corrective measures is to partake in a holistic detox.
7 Methods for Detoxing and Cleansing Your Body of Toxins
- Include Plenty of Deep Colored Vegetables, Herbs and Algae in Your Dietary Arsenal.
Cilantro, parsley, alfalfa, and a blue-green algae, chlorella, are three extremely powerful chemical and heavy metal chelators. Dark green vegetables and herbs alkalize and purify the blood, making it easier for the body to rid itself of wastes with less discomfort. You can juice these, include them in salads, and/or mix powdered forms into water or juice for a quick and effective dose.
- Eat a Diet of Predominantly High Water Content, Ripe Fruits, Green Leafy Vegetables.
Eat only fruit and/or vegetable juice for breakfast, and as much as desired. Again for lunch have as much fruit and juice as desired, followed by a large colorful salad with any dairy free dressing. For dinner, eat more fruit if possible, vegetable salad. Top it off with a baked sweet potato, yam, or red/purple potatoes, and add spices (preferably low salt). Heavier foods like meat, dairy, beans, and even most grains will slow down, or even stop the detoxification.
- Fasting with Lemon Water, Cayenne Pepper and Maple Syrup.
This is a radical, but very effective method of giving your digestive system a much needed break from the constant intake of less than optimal foods and flushing out harmful substances. A period of 3 to 5 days, 3 to 4 times a year is a sufficient and proactive strategy. (Use as much lemon as possible, with just enough maple syrup to make it palatable.) Drink as much as desired throughout the day.
- Series of Enemas, Professional Colonics, or a Colon Cleanse.
Though enemas and colon cleanses may seem uncomfortable or strange, cleaning the colon on a regular basis is considered by many experts to be an essential action to take in maintaining an internally clean, healthy environment. Colonics may not be for everyone, so a high-quality colon cleanser could be the preferred choice.
- Sweat. Detoxing your body naturally through sweating is very important. Through moderate amounts of cardio exercise, wastes is removed through pores on the skin. Aim to sweat at least fifteen minutes every day. You can even follow up with a detoxifying brushing of our skin from head to toe with a boar bristle brush to remove dead skin cells that clog the pores.
- Get Plenty of Sleep
Sleeping causes your body to go into a state of cleansing and regeneration. Without proper and sufficient sleep, detoxification organs don’t get the full recharge they need to function at optimal levels. Aim for 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night, in a dark, noiseless environment for optimal results.
For optimum results, these should be applied on a regular or seasonal basis, and at minimum once a year. In addition to applying these seven steps to detoxifying from hazardous foods and environmental substances, it’s important to remember to hydrate and cleanse your body by drinking plenty of mineralized purified water daily (half of body weight in ounces).