Immunity – is the body’s ability to resist the harmful effects of external and internal environment, which is produced in the process of evolution.
At congenital or acquired immune disorders a person is suffering from severe recurring inflammatory processes, for example, from the respiratory and digestive tract infections, fungal infections, and so on. Children with congenital immunodeficiency without treatment may die in the first year of life.
The main bodies responsible for immunity, – red bone marrow, thymus, lymph nodes and spleen. Each of them carries out its important work and complement each other.
Causes of the decline immunity
The reasons for the lowered immunity can be innate, which are formed during pregnancy or are inherited and acquired during life. Causes of acquired reduction of immunity:
- The unfavorable ecological situation;
- Physical and mental overloads;
- Viral infections, germs and bacteria;
- Poor nutrition;
- Use of antibiotics and toxic drugs;
- Bad habits, such as smoking, alcohol abuse, drugs and so on;
- Frequent and prolonged exposure to ionizing and electromagnetic radiation (household electrical appliances, computers, TV sets and so on);
- Sedentary lifestyle;
- Chronic sleep deprivation, chronic diseases, burns, hypothermia, blood loss and trauma;
- Deletion or suppression activity bodies within the immune system (spleen, lymph nodes, bone marrow).
Symptoms of a weak immune system
- Constant fatigue and lethargy;
- Frequent colds and other diseases;
- Allergic reactions and rashes;
- Bowel disorder;
- Ache in a body;
- Sleep disorders – drowsiness or insomnia.
Thus, a person with this problem every moment feels his vulnerability and weakness. Elementary runny threatens to develop into sinusitis, pimple – in an extensive rash, hypothermia or anxiety at work – in the relapse of herpes.
How to improve immunity
- Power – the basis for the formation of immunity. for the construction of any body cell (including the immune) required proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. If a person is malnourished, the immune system will suffer. When overeating, is disturbed the absorbability of food.
- Physical activity. A person who leads a sedentary lifestyle, will decrease the immune system, since are slowed down all metabolic processes, and hence the formation of immune cells. During physical activity are activated muscular, nervous, circulatory system, blood appears in increased amounts of hormones – all this strengthens the immune system. You can use any sports if they are not counter your health.
- Refusal of stress and bad habits. Nicotine, alcohol, various medications, which are taken without a doctor’s prescription, can adversely affect the immune system. Also destructive on the immune system acts stress: secreted with adrenaline causes a spasm of blood vessels, which in turn reduces the supply of organs with nutrients and oxygen and inhibits their activity.
- Hardening by cold – blood vessels get used quickly and react promptly to temperature effects, which ensures the proper functioning of the immune system.
- Observance of proper drinking regime. Clean water should be the basis to quench their thirst. You can add green and herbal teas without sugar. Alcohol, soda pop, industrial juices and other drinks from this series not only don’t quench thirst and, nothing good for immunity do not give.
- Prompt treatment of inflammatory diseases. There is an inflammatory disease that goes unnoticed, as a consequence – weakness, fatigue, malaise. Such diseases include, for example, chronic tonsillitis. They are dangerous because a person usually does not pay attention to them, then they are a constant focus of infection, poisoning the body by products of vital activity of microorganisms and decay of tissues, that has a depressing effect on the immune system. All chronic foci of infection definitely need to be treated.
- Proper organization of work and rest – it is a regular alternation of work and rest periods, their duration, the rational allocation of time during the day, week, month, year, Complete sleep is mandatory.