Ascorbic acid for face is one of the most effective means for whitening and skin restoration. This biologically active substance fulfills vital roles in the body. Most people know that vitamin C is essential to maintain the beauty and health. It stimulates a production of collagen, creates a natural protection from the sun’s rays.
It’s no secret that ascorbic acid performs many functions:
- Increasing the body’s defenses;
- Prevents premature aging;
- Protection against free radicals;
- Acceleration of wound healing;
- Participation in formation of energy.
When vitamin C deficiency develops scurvy, various hemorrhage, impaired production of collagen, the connective tissue is weakened, reduced resistance to infection, whereby the body becomes susceptible to disease.
The use of vitamin C for the skin
The component is not synthesized in the human body. Therefore, the daily diet should contain enough food with its contents. But to maintain the health of the skin is necessary to use ascorbic acid in the composition of masks and other means for the face.
The benefits of vitamin C for the skin
Ascorbic acid is one of the most important vitamins for the skin. If a long period of time the body experiences a lack of it, the skin begins to fade and grow old prematurely.
Ascorbic acid useful properties:
- Strengthening the immune system of the skin;
- Regenerating and whitening effect;
- Restoring firmness and elasticity, activation processes collagen production;
- Protection of the skin against premature aging, recovery oxidative forms of other useful components, including vitamin E;
- Neutralization of free radicals;
- Protection the skin from a sun’s rays;
- Improvement of skin color;
- Improving the efficiency of peelings.
Experts in cosmetology advise to use ascorbic acid topically as a remedy for wrinkles. In addition, enough vitamin C in foods should be included in the daily diet: sweet peppers, strawberries, rosehips, sea buckthorn, kiwi fruit, citrus fruits, medicinal herbs.