Kegel exercises help strengthen your pelvic muscles. Pelvic muscles hold your pelvic organs, such as your bladder and uterus, in place. These exercises help prevent or control problems with urine incontinence (leakage) and provides a good workout for your genitals, which allows to enjoy greater clitoral stimulation during sex.
What problems are struggling Kegel exercises?
- If urethral problems and defecation;
- To improve the blood supply to the genitals;
- If weak sensations during intercourse. In this case, Kegel exercises help to narrow the vaginal canal. As a result, in women are more empathetic feelings, she will be better to control orgasm;
- To prepare pregnant women for childbirth, the woman will be much easier to bear and to control their feelings;
- To restore the sprawling vaginal muscles and tissue breaks after childbirth;
- As a method for preventing inflammatory diseases genitalia, maintenance of sexual health.
Contraindications Kegel exercises
- inflammatory and infectious diseases
- presence of exacerbations of chronic genital or acute pain in the abdomen
- postoperative period
- pregnancy! Be careful at any stage of pregnancy. Much depends on the position of the fetus and the state of the organism. Despite the usefulness, need to consult a specialist.
What you need to know when performing Kegel exercises
- First locate the muscles surrounding your vagina.
When you urinate, stop and start the flow of urine several times. You will become familiar with how it feels to tighten and relax your pelvic muscles. Once you are used to Kegel exercises, you can do them at any time.
- Practice squeezing these muscles. Inserting your finger into your vagina and then squeezing down on it may help.
- Tighten your pelvic muscles slowly. It may feel like you are trying to hold back urine or gas. Hold these muscles and count to 3. Relax, tighten them quickly, and release. Repeat the cycle 10 times.
- Do 10 sets of Kegel exercises, 5 times a day. Do not hold your breath when you do Kegel exercises. Keep your stomach, back, and leg muscles relaxed. Gradually build up the number of repetitions and the length of each squeeze.